Having a child in a family is one of the biggest responsibilities. There are always running, and you are running after them. And when you are to send them off alone on an airline, God...that's the end of the Earth; however, that's not the case with Emirates Airlines. If you let them travel through Emirates Airlines, then let us assure you that it's not a wrongdoing because they have a complete unaccompanied minor policy for Emirates children flying alone. Let's get to know the entire policy today and send your kids off on an excellent trip.
Emirates Airline Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- To get the unaccompanied minor service, you must first let the local office of Emirates or the airline know that you want to book the flight ticket for an unaccompanied minor.
- You need to tell them the kind of seat and meal your child prefers when booking. Emirates, an amazing airline, will even prepare a cake for your kids if it's their birthday.
- They provide special facilities for the child traveling alone, like prior and separate check-in facilities, with dedicated staff looking after them till they reach the aircraft.
- The parents or guardians should present the minor at least 2 hours before the departure for the early check-in.
- Unaccompanied minors and young passengers are always boarded before other passengers, so the cabin crew gets them to their seats and stores their carry-on baggage carefully and safely.
- Here's something on the airline's part, they will take polaroid photographs for your child if the parents want it.
- When the kids reach their destination, an Emirates employee will meet all of them and help them through the departure formalities before sending them off with their designated guardians.
What age group can travel as an Unaccompanied minor?
- Children under 5- 11 years of travel without parents, guardians, or legal adults are considered unaccompanied minors, provided they travel on a full adult fare ticket.
- Children under the age of 5 are not considered minor travelers; they are supposed to be accompanied by a legal adult at least 16 years old.
- And then we have the children from 12 -16 years old who can be considered unaccompanied minors only when the parents or their guardians request it, and as long as they travel on a full adult fare ticket.
What are the charges for Emirates unaccompanied minors?
- For children aged 5 - 11, the restrictions must be 50 each leg per child for Emirates unaccompanied minor flights, nonstop or connecting.
- And for children from the age of 13 -16 years old, the flight restrictions are optional, but the charges remain the same; 50 USD for each leg per child for nonstop flights or connecting flights.
What documents one requires for Emirates unaccompanied minor service?
There are certain documents one must submit to book a flight ticket.
- You must complete the Declaration of Indemnity form or Emirates Unaccompanied minor policy.
- Government-issued identification proof of guardian/parent.
- The minor's photograph.
- Birth Certificate and health care of the minor
- And a notarized document.
How can you book an Emirates unaccompanied minor flight?
To make the Emirates unaccompanied minor flight booking, it is ideal to contact them and ask them to book the flight ticket for your minor and let them know their food and seat preference. However, contacting the airlines is no easy task; sometimes, the line gets busy, no executive on the other side picks up the call, and sometimes you are busy to call them. What to do in those situations? You can rely on us during these times and contact FarezHub at +1-571-989-4175.
You need to let us know that you want to book an Emirates flight for a minor; we will immediately book flight tickets for your minor's travel needs. You can trust us for your minor’s travel needs, including flight booking, hotel reservation, or car rental services.
What is the baggage policy for Emirates unaccompanied minor service?
Now that your child is traveling on an adult fare, they would fall under standard Emirates baggage policy, wherein they can carry two checked bags for free with the sizes being 115 linear inches and weight 70 lbs. for each bag.
How is it letting your minor travel alone with Emirates airlines?
Emirates airlines, one of the star airlines, offer the best services to all passengers and even to emirates children flying solo. You can rest assured of sending your child off on Emirates. The services they have scheduled for a minor include; early check-in, prior boarding, and official assisting your minor throughout their flight journey.
How can I make changes to my minor's flight booking?
You can call us at +1-571-989-4175 to book a flight ticket for your minor, the same way you can ask us to make changes to your minor's flight ticket. Farezhub will help you with everything and get you the best assistance and flight deals.
Also Read- Guide To Emirates Cancellation Policy